You might be unsure whether you need a personal injury attorney to help you with an accident claim. If you have never been injured, you might not be sure what an injury attorney can do to help you. While some accident claims can be settled without an attorney’s help, most accident victims benefit from consulting with a personal injury lawyer.
What Cases Do Personal Injury Attorneys Handle?
Personal injury covers a wide variety of claims involving injuries and damages caused by another party’s negligence and wrongdoing. The courts cannot undo the pain and suffering caused by accidents and injuries. However, it can help victims and their families recover compensation for their financial losses, injuries, and other damages.
Examples of incidents or accidents that can lead to an injury claim include:
- Automobile accidents
- Dog bites
- Premises liability claims (slip and fall accidents)
- Birth injuries
- Product liability claims (defective products)
- Wrongful death claims
The compensation that you might receive for an injury claim depends on the facts of your case. Most victims are entitled to receive compensation for economic damages, such as lost wages, medical bills, travel expenses, and personal care costs.
They can also recover compensation for non-economic damages or “pain and suffering” damages. Non-economic damages include physical, emotional, and mental trauma, pain, and suffering. It also includes compensation for permanent impairments and loss of quality of life.
How Can a Personal Injury Attorney Help Me?
You must prove that the other party caused your injury and you sustained damages because of the injury before you can recover compensation in a personal injury case. The laws related to evidence, deadlines, and legal elements for personal injury cases can be complicated. Investigating claims and gathering evidence can be costly, time-consuming, and lengthy. An injury lawyer has the skills, experience, time, and resources to investigate and file claims.
Your attorney may take numerous steps to protect your right to a fair settlement. Some of those steps might include:
- Gathering evidence from the accident scene
- Locating and interviewing eyewitnesses
- Obtaining and reviewing accident reports and police reports
- Gathering medical evidence and working with your physicians to obtain evidence of injuries
- Locating and hiring experts to assist with the case, including accident reconstructionists, medical experts, and financial experts
- Monitoring deadlines, including statutes of limitations for Oklahoma personal injury cases
- Identify liable parties and insurance policies that provide coverage
- Filing insurance claims and negotiating settlements
- Filing personal injury lawsuits, when necessary to protect your best interests
Large corporations and insurance companies have unlimited resources to fight injury claims. They have teams of lawyers, investigators, and adjusters to protect their best interests. You need a legal team working on your behalf to protect you.
Get Help With Your Injury Claim From an Experienced Tulsa Injury Attorney
Call The Law Office of Michael R. Green, PLLC now at (866) 944-4733 to schedule your free consultation with a Tulsa personal injury lawyer. We have over 30 years of experience fighting for accident victims throughout Oklahoma.